Tuesday, February 21, 2006

*sniff* I Love My Wife

Today I'd just like to drop a note out into cyberspace thanking God for my wife. She knew that I was having a really hard time. Some things have hit me that have discouraged me as much as she's seen in the last six years or so. And without needing to know the details of what's got me down, she just offered me the gift of touch. A long embrace, a gentle kiss, and a warm smile.

Then while both of us were working today she sent me a note, reminding me of the lyrics to one of my favorite songs:

I am in the sun, I am in the shade
I am in the light that love has made
I am in the cold, I am in the warm
I am in the center of your storm
I am in the fire, I am in the flood
I am in the marrow and the blood
When you cannot stand...I am

It's from a song by Bebo Norman (and No, it's not pantheistic, so don't even think it!) It's about how my Father is so intimately involved in my life, and in the lives of those around me, that I need not fear that anything is going contrary to his desires.

When Paul says that nothing can separate us from His love (See Romans 8), he doesn't mean that God fights off any intrusion on His work. It means that in all things God is working towards His good goal: the molding of His great family after the pattern of His Son. The big picture is all good, even though the moment feels like it really sucks.

So today I want to openly thank God for my wife loving me so well. He knew that I needed that. And He always takes care of me that way. I should mark that more often.

Thanks, Lord. And thanks, April.

8 Comments:

Blogger Doug E. said...

Amen,

Blessed is the man who finds a wife.

Doug

6:56 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Uriz said...

I know what you mean.
Jenn has been there for me on many occassions when I really needed someone.
Well, I don't have a warm embrace or a kiss for you but you've been before the Lord all day in my heart and I love you brother.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace is yours to be found in Jesus Christ.

He is quite at home working through impossible circumstances.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, our Father is the lover of sparrows.
Therefore, all is well.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Bill Heroman said...

Dat April! She da Maam! :)

And you are one lucky doof! ;)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Amen, brother so true. what a great song...He is standing...

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truely we are blessed to have loving wives who support and comfort us even without trying to.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

*sniff* I love your wife too.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home