Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Human Again

Feeling a bit better today. It's been over three weeks now since this thing started, and the worst of it was over the weekend. After two days of teaching I coughed so much and so hard that I pulled a back muscle. Then it hurt to move at all for two days. The second of those two days brought a wedding rehearsal that I couldn't miss, followed by a bachelor's party of course!

Needless to say, we looked like a lame bunch of groomsmen indeed. The Best Man had Bronchitis, I had Pneumonia, and even the groom had come down with an awful cough. We made it through, though, and the groom is happily married (it's about time!). It's always awkward to tell people that you're out for a bachelor party when your intentions are to keep it somewhat clean. You get inundated with lascivious suggestions and directions to various strip clubs, and you just have to smile and say, "Gee thanks, now we know."

I saw the doc again today, and he said, "yep, still pneumonia" and prescribed a z-pack (anti-biotic), which incidentally, was my mother's original suggestion three weeks ago when this whole thing started up in the first place. I still sound like a giant seal barking when I cough, and I'd be in traction if it weren't for ibuprofen. Plus I have to take this stuff for my lungs that tastes like bad tequila. But I'll eat cowchips if it'll make me able to take a full breath again.

Today was the first day in a while that I felt human again. And my poor wife. She's been a real trooper. She's so past ready to have her husband back again. I was beginning to worry that he wasn't coming back soon...

Now if we could just get the rest of the church well again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Well, so far research has found that cowchips do nothing to alleviate a cough. But, dude, when they prove otherwise, you'll be the first person I tell!!

Glad you're feeling better!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Mike Morrell said...

Well, the wedding was loads of fun anyway. Thanks for hanging in there!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home