Monday, August 03, 2009

Long Evening at the Carter House

Our toddler, Dorothy, gives me fits these days because she's always on the verge of something dangerous. I'm not even sure how she worked this one out, but she got up on our piano bench when our backs were turned and she fell off, apparently twisting her arm and breaking it.


Her sisters were pretty concerned as we hauled her off to the doctor and then to the emergency room. But thankfully their grandparents had just arrived in town, so we had help with the older three while April and I were at the hospital.


It was a tough evening, but all's well that ends well. Dorothy got some supper (at 9:30pm!) and sat with Grandmama watching her new favorite show, Dora.


I'm going to sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Bevell Partridge said...

Poor baby! Caleb broke his arm when he fell off the couch at 15 months old. So sad. :(

11:41 AM  
Blogger Neil said...

Nice to know we're not the only ones with living rooms so fraught with peril! I was beginning to wonder...

12:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

She's so sad and sweet! Bill says "I knew I never liked the piano."

9:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awe :-( Dorothy you are too cute in your cast looking like a big girl, acting like oh well; it didn't hurt. Kids are so resilient.
I would still be in pain 2 years later.
Dorothy I'm glad to meet you unofficially.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home